Why should you rekey your locks?
The decision to rekey your locks are many and varied. But the main reason is to ensure safety of you and your family.
Many people have never heard of rekeying a lock. Most people understand the necessity of replacing locks in various situations.
Here are some reasons to have your locks rekeyed:
- If you take in a boarder you have to give them a key so they can come and go. When they leave they should return the key, but what often happens they forget and leave with the key still in their pocket or purse. You don’t want them to continue to be able to come and go, so getting the locks rekeyed would make sense
- Many businesses still use manual keys for their staff to come and go, keys are so easily lost or stolen making your entrance to your business vulnerable to unauthorized persons to enter and burglarize. Rekeying the lock will ensure that only people authorized have entry into the building
- Employees leave, its always a good idea to ensure that they have not made a duplicate key, rekeying the lock ensures that even if they have handed the keys over they have no chance of getting in
- You have been given a bunch of keys to your new home, you need to find which one fit each lock, do you want be burdened with that big bunch of keys, call Allover Locksmith, Los Angeles and have them come rekey the locks, you will have one working key for all the locks and not a huge bunch to carry around
- There is the safety aspect what if the seller has kept copies of the front door key, or they have put a spare key of the front door under a rock where the neighbor knows where it is. The neighbor has a spare key for emergencies which often gets forgotten when the house is sold. Friends, family and acquaintances have been given a key when they stayed the weekend. When a house is sold these aspects are often forgotten and you are placed in a vulnerable position for anyone to enter your home. Replacing the locks can be an expensive option, but there is a cheaper way, have the locks rekeyed
- You have ordered maintenance work to be done and you cannot be there to let them in, so you give them the spare key so they can carry out the work. There is always a chance that they have a duplicate key made and only hand over the spare key you give them. Getting the lock rekeyed ensures that you are not placed in a vulnerable position once the maintenance crew have gone
- Landlords dealing with hundreds of tenants needs keys for each one, replacing locks can be very expensive, having them rekeyed is the solution. Plus a locksmith can do a master rekey which gives the landlord one key that will get into all the apartments in the building if necessary.
Allover Locksmith – the locksmith of choice
Allover Locksmith have the necessary know how and tools to be able to do a rekey of our locks, they are also a reputable company with years of experience in all aspects of locksmithing. Their locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured, they have a strong code of ethics and would never place a client in a situation where they are open for thieves. Open 24/7 for any emergency situation, call them today and have your locks checked.